Monday, August 26, 2013

Online Reflective Journal on ICT in Education (EDN418). By Sha Bdr. Subba, (DE 10649).

Online Reflective Journal on ICT in Education (EDN418).

The General Objectives of this module aims to make learners to appreciate technology’s potential in education and able to integrate, design and use technology as an innovative tool in teaching and learning processes effectively.


As stated by above objective, I am already experiencing the potential of the technology in our teaching learning task. Despite our limited time during our residential school in Samtse, our tutor managed to give us lot of information on ICT tools.  

We were familiarized on various informative tools such as; useful websites, encyclopedias, text, audio, graphics, video, etc. I found these resources very useful because without wasting our time, they take us directly to the websites that are useful for the teachers. As a follow up, we did assignment on collection of URLs, graphics and video clips. Back here in school, I used this idea of including video clips in lesson plan. Children really enjoyed the lesson and were motivated to learn. In another assignment we did lesson planning using ICT tools in groups which we had to work using communicative tools. I found this interesting because each of us added some information and produced a good lesson plan which happened all online. This taught us how to use Google Drive effectively.  

We also learned how to use Google form to create survey questionnaires and compile responses. For this I did a survey on teachers’ use of ICT. Setting question using Google feature ‘Go to page based answer’ was quite difficult. However this assignment gave me lot of information on conducting online survey which is useful. To clear my doubts, I read many articles online and even watched videos. From there, I learned a lot. Among the many I really enjoyed liked a short video of 2 minutes shown in this URL which teaches how to create Google forms and also its usefulness. If you have time you may watch it here. http://edutraining.googleapps.com/Training-Home/module-4-docs/chapter-6

Now through this online journal, we are learning how to customize our blog and comment each other’s blog. One problem that I faced in this online journal is that it is very difficult for us to add our friends in our group because many of them have no access to internet facilities. Therefore receiving comments from many of them looks difficult.    

Wonder Share Quiz Creator is a very powerful and effective tool to design questions as it has several interesting and useful features. However I am facing difficulty now because while opening, it says that it has expired and it asks us to buy. I am wondering how to solve this problem.  


21 comments:

  1. Hello friends,
    Please read my journal and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir,
    Good reflection n your reflection clearly shows, how much you have learned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nothing to comment on your reflection. Everything is included and from your reflection It made us retrieve what we actually learned during our residencial class. So thank you Sha sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir, wonderful work and once more I want to give you THREE CHEERS!!! About the wondershare quiz creator, you can download a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir, its a well reflected thoughts of your's and ours too. Good luck sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you madam for your short and sweet comment. I am encouraged to work harder on it.

      Delete
  6. well done. nothing to comment on your work. i join my madam sonam to cheer u up for having done ur work before time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir for your encouraging comments. Hope your such beautiful words will take me to greater heights in ICT.

      Delete
  7. Wai,
    ur reflective journal was really interesting and worth reading ya, thumbs up man!! i know u r hard working and ur jourbal too is the sweet fruit of ur work. heads off to u.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives me so much of encouragement by your flowery words. I hope what you said are true.

      Delete
  8. Sir,
    Wonderful reflection. By going through your lines its obvious that you have really explored to learn ICT.Its worth chosen module. WE are lucky lot.Go ahead with further learning. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madam, like you said, i have really explored for this blog and still do not know a lot. I too feel that we are lucky to be chosen in this module. Lets us all learn more and share our knowledge within ourselves.

      Delete
  9. Sir, you did a good job reflecting. i hear that you are quite good at IT and when you can learn more from this module, what then about us??? Hope you are working on your Quiz, right? Well I have been trying but it seems to take a lot of time ... being amateur, I guess.. Well all the best, sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouraging remarks. Although i am not as good as you said, your comments motivates me to explore more on ICT.

      Delete
  10. Sha, You have a very detail reflection.It was nice going through it.It seems you have really explored on it.I'm thinking of taking help from you.All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dechen for your comment. If i know, I may be useful to help you.

      Delete
  11. Wow! It's an exhaustive reflection. It seems like you have imprinted everything that you did into your brain. Keep it up and all the best for the next assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! well reflected journal sir. It seems you have imprinted what ever you did into your brain.Keep up the same spirit and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madam Sangay thank you for your encouraging remarks. Good luck.

      Delete